Name:

This is an attempt to share the daily experience with my new apple imac. In doing so I will be adding some interesting information either I find on the net or create by myself. Obviously I have neither any influence nor control over any of the external links you find on this blog. Happy Reading!

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Partitioning

Original iMac came with OS X 10.4 pre-installed. My immediate thought was to change the partition scheme so that I can have one partition for OSX, one for Backups and even a third one in case if I decided to install Linux in a later stage. Unfortunately this wasn't possible with "Disk Utility" software comes with OSX. Since I have not done anything with my iMac I have decided to format the hard disk and install everything new. If this is not an option for you the tools like DiscStudio and VolumeWorks can be used but they may cost you some extra money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home