Name:

This is an attempt to share the daily experience with my new apple imac. In doing so I will be adding some interesting information either I find on the net or create by myself. Obviously I have neither any influence nor control over any of the external links you find on this blog. Happy Reading!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

How to install X11 in Tiger?

I wanted to install Mathlab but it wasn’t possible because it couldn’t find X11. I knew that I installed X11SDK but there seems to be something else missing. First thing I did was to download the latest X11 from Apple site but surprisingly I couldn’t install it because it says that I’ve got a newer version already installed. Now what?

I had to dig deep in the Apple installation DVD to find the missing piece. It took me quite a while but I finally made it.

System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg

After installing the above package everything was fine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a genius, brilliant person. Thanks I finally can get Gimp to run on Mac Intel. Thank you

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home