Name:

This is an attempt to share the daily experience with my new apple imac. In doing so I will be adding some interesting information either I find on the net or create by myself. Obviously I have neither any influence nor control over any of the external links you find on this blog. Happy Reading!

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Looming threat of viruses

After all no operating system is safer today. This applies to OSX as well.

Just heard about “Leap -A” virus targeted at OSX 10.4.X. According to many anti-virus software firms the threat which course by this virus is not regarded major as it requires user intervention in several stages before it attacks the system.

But this could be the beginning of a new era for virus developers. I guess their understanding of intel processors are much more than PPC processors. Therefore writing a virus targeting future generation of intel based macs can be way more higher.

For more information about this topic can be found in following sites.


Macworld
Apple

Security Hub

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home